CVA Silicone celebrates 60 years of pioneering innovations.
08 OKT, 2021
CVA Silicone, the French pioneer in liquid silicone rubber injection, marks its 60th anniversary today.
A time to reflect
Commencing with production back in 1961 in a small factory in France, CVA Silicone has since evolved to become the market leader in silicone injection molding, today manufacturing for the world’s leading companies, such as Johnson & Johnson, BBraun, Fresenius, BD, Getinge, L’Oréal, LVMH, and many more.
CVA’s story has always been focused on smartening up technologies, continuously breaking new grounds through pioneering better ways of production that are raising the industry standards even today. Right from the very beginning, CVA Silicone differentiated itself with a major patented innovation which was used during 20 years for manufacturing an exclusive solution for one of the most iconic brands of L’Oréal.
Key milestones from the last 60 years
• Back in the 80s, CVA Silicone became one of the world leaders recognized for its integrated design, expertise, tooling and production of injected parts with high added value in LSR. It expanded and moved to Saint Vidal in Auvergne, while shifting from natural rubber compression to LSR injection molding and pioneering this technology in France.
• In the 90s, CVA created a Research and Development department with a specialist team, set up an in-house design office and tool workshop, and built cleanroom production capacities, with the objective to solidify its position as a recognised expert in injection tooling.
• 20 years later, Nicolas Oternaud, who had been CVA’s General Manager at the time, bought the company from the founders and subsequently implemented a new industrial strategy focusing on lower labor costs thanks to full automation processes and adding meaningful technological bricks for serving very exclusive markets. This became the company's new DNA, which paved the way for what CVA is today.
• In 2015, CVA transferred its headquarters to Switzerland to be closer to European Headquarters and Decision Centers of its Clients and created the now known CVA Group. Guylene Spaziani became Shareholder and Managing Director of the Group and implemented a new market strategy focusing on Healthcare and Luxe/Beauty solutions.
• Last year, CVA entered a new stage in its development with a large-scale investment of €3.5 million into a 1,500 sqm expansion of its production and cleanroom facilities and the establishment of CVA Plastic, which allows for an integrated silicone and plastic injection molding production.
The graphic evolution of CVA’s corporate identity came earlier this year to announce its anniversary. Now it is accompanied with a special logo to celebrate the 60th anniversary that symbolizes the three underlying principles of CVA Silicone that remained constant since the very beginning of the brand: innovation, flexibility and boldness.
A brighter tomorrow, built on a better business
CVA Group has recently made substantial investments into their two French factories with the aim of bringing the group beyond €20 million in turnover. With the continuous annual growth of 30% since 2019, the doubling of the production area and the tripling of the cleanroom ISO 7 and 5 capacity, the group is making a sure headway towards achieving that goal.
This year, CVA Silicone obtained the “Factory of the future” label, before being awarded as PERL (Potential Enterprises to Real Leaders), a distinction from the Rhône region Alpes Auvergne that values the high potential for innovation and business growth.
Moreover, CVA is currently working on adopting and implementing a smart factory 4.0 solution and raising its factories’ production to a higher degree of automation and robotization, with the aim of remaining ahead of the curve in the new industrial age.
As we mark six decades at the forefront of silicone innovations, our President and Head of Innovation of the Group, Nicolas Oternaud, reflects on we’ve been and where we’re going:
“Our industrial sector will meet more disruption within the next 10 years than it had in the past 60. Only companies ready to constantly shake up their business model will survive and expand. Basically, that is what CVA’s DNA is made of, a very consistent and enlightened vision of what our clients need, keeping always in mind that what is true today may not be true tomorrow,” said Nicolas Oternaud, Chairman of the Board of CVA Technology.
Speaking about the impressive anniversary, the Group’s Managing Director, Guylène Spaziani said:
"The fact that the business has not only survived but thrived under diverse and often challenging market conditions over the past sixty years, is a real testimony to the hard work and commitment of everyone in the CVA team — past and present. We are determined to continue building on our established reputation in the market and to keep innovating, leading the way of our industry by implementing the arising technological advancements of the new industrial age".
Thank you to our people, who are at the heart of our success.
Last but not least, we would like to applaud our people who are the driving force of our success and have helped us come this far.
Happy anniversary to everyone at CVA Group and all who have contributed to our 60-year journey! We are proud to celebrate this important milestone with our team, clients and partners — and we are looking forward to shaping the next 60 years together with you!
Das ist die GDPR übereinstimmende E-Mail Marketing – Liste von CVA Silicone. Wenn Sie dieses Kontaktformular ausfüllen werden Sie bestätigen, dass Sie in unsere eNewsletter-Liste hinzugefügt werden möchten. Wenn Sie Fragen haben, kontaktieren Sie uns bitte unter email@example.com.